Microvellum Bookshelf Kickoff Recap
For those who may have missed our Microvellum Bookshelf kickoff last week, here's a quick recap:
- What is the Microvellum Bookshelf? It's an open reading group where you will have the opportunity to grow, learn, share and collaborate with each other on the books we'll read. It will follow a forum discussion format, which will allow our conversations to live on, and allow new members to jump in when they like.
- At what pace will we be reading? We have settled on reading one book a month. It might sound ambitious, but reading 10-15 pages a day will get you through most books.
- Are there going to be any live events? Yes. Each quarter we will have a brief review of the books we read previously and select the books for the next quarter.
- What books will we be reading first? We selected the books for December, and the first quarter:
- December: "The Goal" by Eli Goldratt (Manufacturing)
- January: "The Motive" by Patrick Lencioni (Leadership/Business)
- February: "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey (Self-Improvement)
- March: "The DevOps Handbook" by multiple authors (Education/Agile Development)
- Where will we be having our discussions? Right here. At the beginning of each month, a new forum post will be added with the book of the month listed. All our discussions will take place there. So keep an eye out!
- When are we starting? Right now!!