Are you an enthusiastic team player who thrives in a busy design/manufacturing environment?
CCW Inc. is a North American industry leader for custom architectural millwork, casework and interior finishes and we are always looking for passionate individuals to join our growing team. We provide top quality millwork and interior finishes for retail, commercial, restaurant, hospitality, industrial and multi-unit residential projects.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to join our dynamic team!
Duties and responsibilities:
The Project Engineer position reports to the Engineering Manager and will work closely with our project management and production teams. You will be responsible for creating a full submittal set of engineered drawings ready for production based on architectural drawings and/or concepts.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Working with Microvellum/AutoCAD software to create, detail and fully engineer all production components, including casework and custom items
· Accuracy in reading and interpreting architectural drawings and renderings
· Ensuring accuracy of production drawings prior to submission to CCW clients, with a focus on details, dimensions, and hardware specifications
· Executing red line edits necessary to provide the most accurate drawings for production
· Monitoring the status of project milestones and managing your time effectively to collaborate with production schedules
· Analyzing and preparing a full Bill of Materials in a timely manner for purchasing and subcontract acquisition by the Project Management team
· Attending New Project Start-up Meetings and developing an understanding of production requirements as well as a project priority and schedule
· Reading specifications, drawings and company quotations while minimizing exposure and mitigating risk within each project
· Promoting creative and innovative thinking in order to bring ideas for production and engineering efficiencies to the table
· Investigating new and alternate production materials and hardware finishes
· Post-Secondary diploma/degree in Woodworking Technology, Engineering, or a related field is an asset but not required
· Ability to work with AutoCAD and to read and understand shop drawings/blueprints
· Minimum five years experience required working with Microvellum Woodworking Software (or related platform such as SolidWorks or Inventor)
· General knowledge of cabinetry construction, architectural millwork and casework production required
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work and focus on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Organized, self-disciplined, and capable of evaluating the weekly workload and obtaining cooperation from other departments
· Ability to thrive independently and take initiative
The Project Engineer is an office position, with working hours from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday and 8:00 am – 4:00 pm on Fridays. At times, this position may be required to enter the shop to consult with the Production Manager.To apply, please send your resume to [email protected]