Are you an enthusiastic team player who thrives in a busy design/manufacturing environment?
CCW Inc. is a North American industry leader for custom architectural millwork, casework and interior finishes and we are always looking for passionate individuals to join our growing team. We provide top quality millwork and interior finishes for retail, commercial, restaurant, hospitality, industrial and multi-unit residential projects.
We are currently looking for a Millwork Product Engineer / Detailer to join our dynamic team!
Duties and responsibilities:
The Millwork Product Engineer / Detailer position reports to the Operations Manager and will work closely with the Senior Project Engineer. You will be responsible for creating a full submittal set of drawings using architectural drawings.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Working with Microvellum/AutoCAD software to create, detail and program shop products drawings
• Ensuring accuracy of production drawings prior to submission to CCW clients
• Executing red line edits necessary to provide the most accurate drawings for production
• Monitoring the status of project milestones and managing your time effectively to collaborate with production schedules
• Analyzing and preparing a full Bill of Materials in a timely manner for purchasing and subcontract acquisition by the Project Management team
• Attending New Project Start-up Meetings and developing an understanding of production requirements as well as a project priority and schedule
• Reading specifications, drawings and company quotations while minimizing exposure and mitigating risk within each project
• Assisting in raising corporate visibility in the industry by creating shop drawing packages with minimal error and maximum potential
• Promoting creative and innovative thinking in order to bring ideas for production and engineering efficiencies to the table
• Investigating new and alternate production materials and hardware finishes
• Post-Secondary diploma/degree in Woodworking Technology, Engineering, or a related field is an asset but not required
• Ability to work with AutoCAD and to read and understand shop drawings/blueprints
• Experience working with Microvellum Woodworking Software required
• General knowledge of cabinetry construction, architectural millwork and casework production required
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work and focus on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Organized, self-disciplined, and capable of evaluating the weekly workload and obtaining cooperation from other departments
• Ability to thrive independently and take initiative
The Millwork Product Engineer / Detailer is an office position, with working hours from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday and 8:00 am – 4:00 pm on Fridays. At times, this position may be required to enter the shop to consult with the Production Manager.