Create and Configure an Ardis Processing Station in Microvellum
Before performing the actions itemized in this tutorial, you must have completed the following two actions.
- Purchase & configure the Ardis® software from Ardis Information Systems to consume the STK file.
- Create a project and work order in Microvellum.
This tutorial utilizes the Microvellum work order and demonstrates how to configure an Ardis® processing station within Microvellum.
Tutorial: Create and Configure an Ardis Processing Station in Microvellum
- Use one of the methods below to access the screen to set up a new processing station.
- Click Toolbox Setup > Options > Processing Stations.
- Click the button for Edit Existing Work Order and select a work order to open it and display the processing station management screen.
Fig. 01 – Processing Station Management Screen
- Click the Add button in the Processing Stations section of the screen.
Fig. 02 – Add Processing Station Button
- Add a station Name in the appropriate box. (The box for Activity Station may remain blank.)
- Drop down the list box and select a station Type of “Ardis Parts File."
- Click the Settings tab and enter Premill Type and Auto Assign Rules as necessary for your company. See information on those subjects elsewhere in the Microvellum help system.
Fig. 03 – Processing Station Settings
Click the Associates tab and add any secondary processing stations as required to pass edgebore or single part barcodes passed through to the Ardis parts file.
You must first set up all your necessary processing stations in the Processing Station Management screen, then follow the steps below.
- Click the Add button (plus mark icon) to add a blank row.
- Click the cell in that new blank row in the Index column and enter or select a number that represents the priority of data to appear on the labels. In other words, if you have multiple machines that produce the same type of G-Code, such as multiple point-to-point machines or multiple edgeboring machines, the lower this number, the higher that Associate will be in priority for displaying its data on the labels
- Click the cell in that new blank row in the Type column and enter or select one of the processing station types from the list.
- Click the cell in that new blank row in the Name column and enter or select one of the processing stations from the list. These are stations that have already been set up from the Processing Stations Management screen.
To delete an existing Associate, select the line to delete and click the Delete button (trash can icon). Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
Fig. 04 – Processing Station Associates Showing One Point-to-Point and Two Edgeboring Associates
- Click the Files & Pictures tab to set various properties necessary to create the Ardis STK import files.
- In the “File Location” section, click the Browse button to select a folder where the Ardis STK files will be created.
- In the “Part Picture File Location” section, click the Browse button to select a folder where any part picture files for use with an auto-labeling machine are to be created.
- Select the Picture Type, Pixel Size, and Zoom Factor as needed by the auto-labeling system.
- If the Picture Type “WMF” is selected, you may also select the option for “Use Legacy WMF Format” if required by your auto-labeling system.
Fig. 05 – Processing Station Files & Picture Properties
You have now completed the creation and configuration of your Ardis station. You are now ready to process work order data with that station and the others you have created to support your manufacturing process.
Lastly, you need to configure Ardis to import or consume the STK data produced by Microvellum, and then optimize that data. See the Ardis help system for more information.
For more information regarding Parts File Processing Station Associates, click here.
Parts File Processing Station Associates (Overview)
Overview of Processing Station Parts File Associates Microvellum contains complete nesting optimizer and complete sawing optimizer solutions. It also supports third-party optimizers such as Ardis, BlueCell, and CutRite. Microvellum creates a “parts ...
Create and Configure a BlueCell Processing Station in Microvellum
Before performing the actions itemized, you must have completed three tasks as outlined in the article “BlueCell XML Parts File Import from Microvellum (Overview).” Click here to view that article. Purchase & configure the BlueCell® software from ...
Processing Station Associates for Reports
For information about setting up part transformation functions required for builds 15.6.2404 through 21.1.0604, see Configuring Part Transformation Functions (Legacy Support). This article contains a detailed reference for setting up and using the ...
Nesting Processing Station Controls and Settings
To access the settings for a processing station, select the processing station and click the Edit icon. The Settings tab for the processing stations is the same across the different types of processing stations. Name – Allows you to set the name for ...
Create and Configure a CutRite Processing Station in Microvellum
Before performing the actions itemized in this tutorial, you must have completed two tasks as outlined in the article “Cut Rite PTX Parts File Import from Microvellum (Overview).” Click here to see that article. Purchase & configure the Cut Rite® ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0520
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0520 Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There may be specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
The Range Hood - Add-on
About the Library Add-on This is a “Master” Range Hood product capable of being used as is or saved back to the library numerous times in unlimited number of different combinations. This Library Add-on is compatible with the Foundation Library. This ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0406.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0406.641 Database Management Resolutions: Resolved an issue that caused template level projects to be deleted when deleting a seemingly “empty” category (this was caused by a mix-up in the ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0407
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0407 Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There may be specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0325.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0325.641 Toolfile Resolutions: Resolved an issue in certain post names where the pecking number was not working. Resolved an issue in certain post names where some face 6 machining was falling ...