How to Create a Support Ticket through the Microvellum About/Support Portal UI
This article details the process of creating a support ticket directly through Microvellum software. See Creating a Support Ticket for general information on what is to be included in a ticket.
To start a support request, navigate to Help > About
Microvellum > Start Support Request. Fig. 01 – Start Support
Fig. 02 – Microvellum Support
- Name – Your name or company name.
- Email – Your email or company email.
- Phone – Your phone number or company phone number.
- Subject – The subject line must be clear so the Support Agent can diagnose at a glance and, if necessary, send the ticket through the proper channels for resolution. See Proper Ticket Subject Line.
- Description – The more detailed the description, the more likely the issue can be solved quickly. If you know the exact steps in your workflow to recreate an issue, list them here. See Descriptions.
- Attachments – It is not always possible for us to replicate an issue on our end, with our data. This is why it is essential to attach as much relevant data as necessary to recreate the issue or for us to eliminate potential causes of the issue. Fig. 03 –
- Attach Screen Recording – Selecting this option will result in a red border on the screen being recorded. This allows users to show the exact steps in the workflow that leads to the issue. To stop recording, select the stop button located in place of the original screen-recording button. See Share a Screenshot or Create a Video.
- Attach a Screen Snip – Allows users to snip an image to be included with the ticket.
- Attach Processing Station and Accompanying Settings – Allows users to attach a complete Processing Station.
- Attach Work Order – Allows users to attach a complete Work Order.
- Attach Error Log – Allows users to attach an Error Log. Error Logs are helpful when diagnosing issues.
- Attach File – Allows users to attach any remaining files they feel will be helpful (i.e., Room .DWG files).
- Send – Select this button when you are sure that you have included as much information as is necessary to replicate the issue.
How to Create a Support Ticket through the Microvellum Knowledge Network
This tutorial provides the steps to create a support ticket through the Microvellum Knowledge Network as of June 16 th, 2020. For general information on what should be included in a Support Ticket, see Overview: Support Ticket. Creating a Ticket ...
Overview: Support Tickets
Before You Submit Your Ticket... Take These Self-Service Steps Here are four common troubleshooting steps you can easily take before you submit a ticket: Verify that the issue is unique to you; if not, has anyone else solved the issue? You can view ...
How to Submit an Authorized Ticket
An Authorized Ticket is distinct from a Support Ticket, as it is directed to a specialized channel of our team that handles activations, deactivations, serial requests, software upgrades, and update requests. 1. Under the Submit a Ticket Section in ...
Microvellum Server (Reference)
This article applies to Microvellum software builds 20.1.0203 and greater and provides a reference of commands and options for the software. Following that, you will find a reference for the commands and options found on each screen. Command and ...
Microvellum Knowledge Network Information
24-Hour Support Access Microvellum provides users with active support & maintenance subscriptions with access to our support channels 24-hours a day via email, online community, and phone. From our interactive support site you can find answers to ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 23.1.0605.641
Report Groups Fix A fix has been made to resolve an issue that reportedly caused errors when report groups attempted to print manually. Fixes and Additions to Part Properties Toolbox Console->Part Properties/Toolbox Setup->Options 2D drawing tokens ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 23.1.0525.641
Hardware Machine Token Tool Compensation Fix Users reported an issue that caused hardware machine tokens to produce tool compensation incorrectly. This issue has been examined and resolved. Work Order Cancellation Fix Microvellum Console->Settings ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 23.1.0523.641
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 23.1.0523.641 Face 6/Horizontal Drilling Enhancement Toolbox Setup->Options->Toolfiles->Double-click specific Toolfile->Integrated Post Processor Settings->Settings Users will now be able to cut down on file management ...
Foundation Hardware Highlight: Blum
Microvellum’s Foundation Library is built on the premise of providing our users with the best quality hardware for their construction projects, be they commercial, residential, or anything otherwise. As such, Toolbox has hardware from multiple brands ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 23.0517
This update includes many changes & additions to the Microvellum Face Frame expansion. Not all users will have access to these special products. Contact your account manager for more information. Additions: Added new drawer system Rocheleau R13 EVO ...