Now Hiring - Millwork Microvellum Engineer - located in OFallon, MO or remote is a possibility.
Merric is a leading, custom woodwork and seating
manufacturer centrally located in St. Louis, MO. With 30+ years of experience,
Merric takes great pride in delivering high-quality, custom-crafted products on
time, and every time to its customers in the restaurant, hotel, hospitality,
casino, and healthcare industries, among others. Constructing products of
high-quality materials that are built to last, Merric operates out of a 95,000
square-foot owned facility complete with two specialized finishing booths for
unmatched, superior finishes on all types of wood and metal. From unique
custom-built products to large-volume orders, customers can trust Merric for
quality, integrity, experience, and service on every project. Merric is an
equal opportunity employer. Merric offers benefits (health, eye, dental and disabilities), PTO, incentive bonuses, 401k, flexible spending account and holidays.
Description/Key Responsibilities: The engineer will have
millwork experience and has worked in Microvellum. The engineer will work on
variety of tasks but will focus primarily on the following:
- Prepare submittal and production drawings in
MicroVellum, for customers, architects, and our shop.
- Review drawings prior to submitting to customer to
ensure in accordance with our project proposal
- Prepare Material Take-Offs/Purchase Orders for
- Prepare Bills-Of-Material for our Shop
- Prepare full Product Templates for our MicroVellum
- Prepare a Parts Library in MicroVellum
- Discuss with our shop and look for ways to improve shop
construction for efficiency and quality
- Verify dimensions to build drawings, nest sheets, and
cut-lists for production
- Take ownership of these important tasks, work through
them quickly and accurately, and take accountability to work as much as is
needed to finish tasks on time and by the due date.
- Identify and implement more efficient and effective ways
to manufacture product, re-do our drawings in MicroVellum with these
improvements, and train other personnel on this new method and process.
- Fix areas of MicroVellum that cause errors and hinder
more effective production and material take-offs.
- Enhance MicroVellum library and other tools for more
efficient and easier drawing preparation.
- Implement standard drawing and manufacturing processes
that allow for quicker, more accurate product production timing as well as
significantly lessen the risk for errors.
- Investigate and implement additional efficiencies
outside engineering where linked or where able, such as material
take-offs, purchase orders, BOMs, etc.
- Great skills in and takes responsibility for achieving
goals within and outside area
- Other duties as requested
- An A player that wants to be challenged with significant
tasks and goals, work extremely hard and long hours to achieve success,
and be rewarded for their efforts.
- 5+ years of engineering/drawing experience in 3D drawing
software, preferably MicroVellum 6.7 or 7.0 software preferred
- 5+ years of Cabinet/Millwork Manufacturing experience
- Engineering degree preferred but not required
- Great determination and perseverance to always get it
done accurately and timely
- Leadership skills
- Great team player within and outside engineering
- High energy and excitement every day
- Comfortable with working in a fast paced ever changing
- Great character, determination and perseverance to
always get it done accurately and timely
- Works overtime when needed to ensure work products are
timely and accurate or to assist in department or company improvements.
- Incredible with all product details which is absolutely
critical but also can see project from a high level view to ensure no
obvious errors or embarrassments on all work products. Must know details
and big picture to succeed.
- Thrives on daily challenges and requests.
- Quick but accurate
- Ability to grow in responsibility and positions
- Ability to produce drawings while being interrupted with
questions throughout the day
- Positive, energetic attitude always
- Works very well and is comfortable in a manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to multi-task many projects at the same time and
stay organized and effective
- Ability to look for ways to improve our current processes
and continue to make them more efficient
- High ethical standards, follow company policies, carry
out mission/goals, and great role model
- This position requires a highly talented person with
excellent personal traits, characteristics, and technical skills that
wants to go after with a vengeance an extremely challenging position in a
great way with rewards when successful.
Drug testing and Background Checks required.
Microvellum Partner Limelight
In this Limelight, we explore The MiLL in Colorado Springs, CO (The Manufacturing Industry Learning Lab), and learn about their CTE program that is working to address the trades skills gap at the high school level.