QUESTION - What are the rules/restrictions on MV item numbers?
Things I've learned:
- There can be no alpha characters after the decimal (we tried that once and it crashed our stuff).
- If multiple special characters are used before the decimal, MV no longer auto-generate the next item# correctly when a product is entered.
Things I don't know but would like to:
- What special characters are available?
- Is there a limit on the number of digits before and/or after the decimal?
- Is there a specific set of rules on what "patterns" MV recognizes when it attempts to auto-gen the next available item# when inserting a product (or when re-number products is used)?
- Anything else related to item number capabilities and restrictions...
We are re-thinking the way we handle them currently and would like to know more about the options available to us regarding item#s.