Adding a Custom Drawing Template to Toolbox
- Find the location of your existing drawing template that you want to use in Toolbox.
- If you are using AutoCAD Standard, enter "Options" at the command prompt.
- Click the Files tab, expand Template Settings > Drawing Template File Location, and note the location on disc for use in a later step.
- If you are using Toolbox, enter "Options" at the command prompt.
- Click the Files tab, expand Template Settings > Drawing Template File Location, and note the location on disc for use in a later step. The path for finding the location is the same, but the location will be different.
- Find the location of your Toolbox drawing templates.
- Open Toolbox with the configuration in which you need to add your company template. Click "Help > Browse to Factory Data."
- This opens a File Explorer window to the folder structure of your current configuration. In this case, the "Imperial Component Cabinet Library (049.0)."
- Leave the existing File Explorer window, and open a new File Explorer window to the location noted in Step 1.
- In this tutorial, we have already modified the default template named "acad.dwt" to be our company drawing template. We want to use this template in Toolbox. Copy this file from the AutoCAD drawing template location to the Toolbox drawing template location.
- In the File Explorer window, navigate to the AutoCAD drawing template location, right-click the file acad.dwt and select Copy.
- In the File Explorer window, navigate to the Microvellum Toolbox drawing template location, right-click and select Paste.
- Start a new room in Toolbox and drop down the list box in the Template section of the Open Drawing box. Your company drawing template should be displayed in the list found there. Select your new template.
Attached to this article are the default Microvellum drawing templates in Imperial and Metric as of library build 049.0.
Custom Hatches for Section Drawings
Toolbox provides users the ability to assign a hatch pattern to materials for 2D section drawings. To improve the flexibility of this feature, we have added the ability to attach a hatch pattern of your choice to each material. This hatch pattern ...
Understanding Drawing Tabs
Located at the bottom of the drawing area are tabs that allow you to switch between the Model tab and other layout tabs. While working in the drawing environment, you will need to have the Model tab selected. Selecting any other tab will bring you to ...
Working with the Rendering Templates in Toolbox
The video below covers working with rendering templates. For help with adding a rendering template, see Adding a Custom Drawing Template to Toolbox . The rendering templates used in this video are attached to this article below.
How to Configure Your AutoCAD Drawing Templates in Toolbox
The video below demonstrates the process of configuring AutoCAD drawing templates and customizing the title block in Toolbox.
Drawing Tools To access the Drawing Tools, click on the Draw tab, and then select the Drawing Tools tab. The Drawing Tools interface has three tabs on the right side: Common Commands, Common Text, Common Blocks. Common Commands Tab The Common ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 21.2.0111.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 21.2.0111.641 Scrap Management Resolutions: Resolved an issue that was causing the Offal Cutting pattern to cut into rounded parts. Saw Optimizer Resolutions: Resolved an issue where the PTX output ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 21.1.1227.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 21.1.1227.641 Edit Design Data Resolutions: Resolved an issue where the workbook prefix (e.g. "L!") would not be added when applying a local variable to a formula. Resolved an issue where the "Revert ...
Machine Implementation Process
Thank you for choosing Microvellum as your platform to streamline your design, engineering, and production processes within your company to propel your business forward. Follow the steps to ensure a successful and timely implementation of your CNC ...
Planning for a Successful Implementation
Service Engagement Process Thank you for choosing Microvellum as your platform to streamline your design to manufacturing processes within your company. Follow the steps to ensure a successful and timely implementation of your services. Information ...
Integration Guide for the Component Cabinet Library
Below you will find file downloads for Microvellum's Component Cabinet Library Integration Guide. Form fields are pre-filled with either Metric or Imperial library default values. This integration guide contains details and settings from ...