How to Check Spelling in Drawings
- Click Annotate tab > Text panel > Check Spelling.
- In the Check Spelling dialog box, under Where to check, select an option.
- To include block attributes, dimension text, and external references:
- Click Settings.
- In the Check Spelling Settings dialog box, check the desired types of objects.
- To switch dictionaries:
- Click Dictionaries.
- To change the main dictionary, select a dictionary from the Current Main Dictionary list.
- To change the custom dictionary, select a dictionary under Current Custom Dictionary.
- Click Start.
- Do one of the following:
- To correct a word, select an alternate word from the Suggestions list or type a word in the Suggestions box. Click Change or Change All.
- To leave a word unchanged, click Ignore or Ignore All.
- To leave a word unchanged and add it to the dictionary, click Add to Dictionary (Supported in full version AutoCAD and Toolbox 2021 and above).
- Repeat for each misspelled word. Click Close to exit.
Click Undo to reverse the preceding Check Spelling action or series of actions in the Check Spelling dialog box.
Check Spelling as You Type
- Do one of the following:
- Click Home tab > Annotation panel > Single Line Text.
- Click Home tab > Annotation panel > Multiline Text.
- Right-click in the In-Place Text Editor, and click Editor Settings > Check Spelling.
- Enter the text. Any misspelled words are underlined.
- Right-click on any misspelled words to display spelling suggestions.
To turn off spell checking, right-click in the In-Place Text Editor, click Editor Settings, and clear Check Spelling.
Add a Custom Dictionary or Word List
- Click Annotate tab > Text panel > Check spelling.
- In the Check Spelling dialog box, click Dictionaries.
- In the Dictionaries dialog box, in the Current Custom dictionary list, select Manage Custom Dictionaries.
- In the Custom Dictionaries list, click Add and browse to the dictionary's location. To create a custom dictionary, click New and enter the dictionary's name. The .cus extension is added automatically.
- Click OK.
The newly selected dictionary is highlighted as the current custom dictionary.
- To import a word list into your custom dictionary, click Import.
The file should be a plain text file containing the list of words.
- Click OK.
AutoCAD Keyboard Commands
Learning how to use AutoCAD keyboard commands can help you work faster and improve your efficiency. This article lists the abbreviated commands that can be used in AutoCAD (Toolbox). Toggle General Features Ctrl+G Toggle Grid Ctrl+E Cycle isometric ...
Custom Hatches for Section Drawings
Toolbox provides users the ability to assign a hatch pattern to materials for 2D section drawings. To improve the flexibility of this feature, we have added the ability to attach a hatch pattern of your choice to each material. This hatch pattern ...
About Comparing Differences Between Drawings in AutoCAD
Compare the current drawing either to a different drawing or compare it to a previous version of your drawing as maintained on a supported cloud account. As your design progresses, it becomes more difficult to remember what was changed from one ...
2D Drawings To access the 2D Drawings, click on the Draw tab, then select the 2D Drawings tab. Draw 2D Wall Elevation – Allows you to choose a 3D wall and create a 2D elevated wall, including the products that are associated with the wall. Draw 2D ...
To Work with Comparing XREFs in AutoCAD
Use various commands and display options in the Xref Compare toolbar to review the differences between the attached xref and the referenced drawing file. Compare the Xref Changes Click View tab > Palettes panel > External References Palette. Find ...
The Range Hood - Add-on
About the Library Add-on This is a “Master” Range Hood product capable of being used as is or saved back to the library numerous times in unlimited number of different combinations. This Library Add-on is compatible with the Foundation Library. This ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0406.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0406.641 Database Management Resolutions: Resolved an issue that caused template level projects to be deleted when deleting a seemingly “empty” category (this was caused by a mix-up in the ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0407
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0407 Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There may be specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0325.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0325.641 Toolfile Resolutions: Resolved an issue in certain post names where the pecking number was not working. Resolved an issue in certain post names where some face 6 machining was falling ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0317.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0317.641 Database Resolutions: Resolved an issue where the user experience took longer than necessary to start. Materials Resolutions: Resolved an issue where with formulated materials the ...