Issue: No Data in Master Cut - Sorted by Processing Station
Any report or database that references the field PartsProcessingStations.LinkIDBatch data will fail to display data. An example of a default Microvellum report that was left inoperative by this database change is the “ Master Cut Report – Sorted by Processing Stations.” It will not operate correctly for any work order databases that are created with build 15.6.1825 or later.
Microvellum build 15.6.1825 contains a modification to the data populated to the field PartsProcessingStations.LinkIDBatch. The LinkID data is no longer populated there but is populated to OptimizationResults.LinkIDWorkOrderBatch instead.
- If you are using the Microvellum default report, you will need to download the current version from the Microvellum Help Center. See Master Cut – Sorted by Processing in the Microvellum Help Center to download the latest default report containing the modifications.
- Import that report, overwriting the existing report.
- If you are not asked to overwrite an existing report, the name of the new report is different. You will need to manually delete the existing report from the list displayed when you click Toolbox Setup > Design Reports > Design Manufacturing Report > Open Report. Left-click, then right-click on the report to delete and click Delete Selected Report.
- If you are using a custom report, use the steps below to correct the report:
- Rollback Toolbox to a build before 15.6.1825.
- Launch Report Designer.
- Open the Report and select Edit the Data Source.
- Check the box to include the table Optimization Results in the report dataset.
- Uncheck the box for the table PartsProcessingStation to remove it from the report dataset.
- Check the box for Is Batch Report.
- Open the Report and select Designer.
- Double-click on the databand named DataPartsProcessingStations and click the Filters tab. Remove the filter shown in figure 1.
- Remove the frmSelectBatch page.
- Add two relationships from OptimizationResults, one to Parts as the parent, and one to ProcessingStations as the parent.
- Delete the dataset table PartsProcessingStations from the report dataset.
- Update all references from PartsProcessingStations.xxxxx to OptimizationResults.xxxxx where xxxxx is the remaining portion of the component dataset path.
- You may search for and revise each component reference from one reference to the other, or simply fix each error that results when doing a Preview of the report after deleting the table as previously explained.
- Update the name of the databand DataPartsProcessingStations to DataOptimizationResults.
- Update the Data Source for the newly named databand DataOptimizationResults to OptimizationResults.
- Preview the report and resolve ALL errors.
- Save and close the report.
Processing Station Associates for Reports
For information about setting up part transformation functions required for builds 15.6.2404 through 21.1.0604, see Configuring Part Transformation Functions (Legacy Support). This article contains a detailed reference for setting up and using the ...
Parts File Processing Station Associates (Overview)
Overview of Processing Station Parts File Associates Microvellum contains complete nesting optimizer and complete sawing optimizer solutions. It also supports third-party optimizers such as Ardis, BlueCell, and CutRite. Microvellum creates a “parts ...
Nesting Processing Station Controls and Settings
To access the settings for a processing station, select the processing station and click the Edit icon. The Settings tab for the processing stations is the same across the different types of processing stations. Name – Allows you to set the name for ...
Create and Configure a BlueCell Processing Station in Microvellum
Before performing the actions itemized, you must have completed three tasks as outlined in the article “BlueCell XML Parts File Import from Microvellum (Overview).” Click here to view that article. Purchase & configure the BlueCell® software from ...
Tutorial: Processing Stations Auto Assign Rules
The "Auto Assign Rules" in the Processing Station settings are designed to save you time by automatically assigning Processing Stations to parts in the Processing Center based on the rules you select in the Processing Station Setup. This means you ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0520
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0520 Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There may be specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
The Range Hood - Add-on
About the Library Add-on This is a “Master” Range Hood product capable of being used as is or saved back to the library numerous times in unlimited number of different combinations. This Library Add-on is compatible with the Foundation Library. This ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0406.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0406.641 Database Management Resolutions: Resolved an issue that caused template level projects to be deleted when deleting a seemingly “empty” category (this was caused by a mix-up in the ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0407
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0407 Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There may be specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0325.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0325.641 Toolfile Resolutions: Resolved an issue in certain post names where the pecking number was not working. Resolved an issue in certain post names where some face 6 machining was falling ...