This article provides details on the process of updating the Foundation Library through the Library Update Utility feature.
be able to use the Library Update Utility feature, your current library must be version 22.0729 or newer, and you must have Toolbox version 22.1.1017 or newer to have the Library Update Utility button show up in
your utilities interface. It is recommended to be updated to Toolbox version 22.1.1123 to avoid a possible update at the project level instead of in the template. Please talk to your account manager for more details if your library version is too old.
Note that Reports are not updated with this utility. Please visit the reports download section
for the latest report updates.
Run Library Update Utility
1. Locate the appropriate Update Package zip file from the Foundation Library Download (All Regions) knowledge base article and download it. Once the download is complete, it is recommended to place the zip file on your desktop for easier access.
2. Open Microvellum Toolbox and select "Options" from the Toolbox Setup drop-down menu.
3. Select the "Utilities" menu on the far right of
the dialog box and then select the "Library Update Utility" button.
4. A reminder will appear to back up your current library as data will be overwritten. (It is recommended to select all specification group components to update).
5. Select the browse button and navigate to the zip file you downloaded. Select okay. Note: The zip file does not need to be extracted manually.
6. Depending on the update file size, after a few minutes a
Resolving Duplicates interface will appear. If there are certain products you do not want overwritten, this interface will allow you to skip the update for this particular product, or keep it along with the updated version.
7. Restart Toolbox.
the case of missing custom specification groups or errors in the update, a back
up folder containing the old data will be saved in a subfolder among your software data. To restore this
information simply click the Library Restore Utility button and select the backup
folder to reverse the update.