Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 23.1114
Special Note #1: Highly recommend updating Toolbox to build 23.1.1010 or newer as this library update zip includes new features only available to users running this TB version (or newer). Previous versions will not import categorized materials now included with the update.
Special Note #2:
This update includes a potential Breaking Change
involving drawer runners for wooden drawers. This will only affect users who are updating vs installing a new library. The factory LookUpTable “LookUpTableSystemDrawerSlide” has been refactored to better accommodate undermount drawer runners. This also addresses issues when users are using varying material thicknesses for their drawers such as 12mm, 16mm, and 18mm. Any custom wood drawer subassemblies OR current existing projects will need their wood drawers updated to avoid errors. Any customizations users have made to this table will need to be restored. Check under the Modifications section for more information on the new global variable created to circumventing this change.
- Added additional King Slide SIMLEAD Wood Drawer System hardware. 32 new Wood Drawer Slide Options have been added.
- Added new “EZ Level” cabinet leveling hardware to the Notched Toe Kick subassemblies. New hardware materials added for machining and reporting.
- “Post Laminate” option has been added to the Finished Faces subassembly. There are options to add it to the front and/or the back of the panel.
- To help with report filtering, we have added the bay numbers to Component Inserts’ subassembly comments in all starter products with bay openings (like the Component Doors).
- Added global "Drawer Stretcher Type" to control drawer stretcher types (Stretcher or Dust Panel).
- Wood drawers now have their own Hardware Array prompts, allowing a different hardware selection for the cabinet parts.
- Added 3D_BASE MOLDING layer to shipping drawing template (dwt). Assigned this to base molding parts in the library.
- Added global “Add 3D Grain Indicator” to control the 3D Grain Indicator option.
- Added Integral Toe Kick Hardware/Cutparts option. Added six new global variables to control:
- “Attached Toe Kick Sinks”
- “Attached Kick Height”
- “Attached Kick Cleat Deduct Value Single Door”
- “Attached Kick Cleat Deduct Value Double Door”
- “Attached Kick Deduct Value Single Door”
- “Attached Kick Deduct Value Double Door”
- Added Legacy Wall Paneling product.
- Several additions/improvements for the Finish Label feature:
- Added global “Finish Label Condition” to control whether to add the label per product or per finish face.
- The Finish Label has been added to the 2D Instructions subassembly.
- Added the 2D Instructions subassembly to all remaining Standard and Corner Cabinets, both in the Face Frame and Frameless (previously missing).
- Added Hafele Free Fold Lift-Up system.
- Added Richelieu Atmos aiR Lift-Up system.
- Added Finista Drawer system (minus the unavailable 3D graphics).
- Added an additional machine token to all handle hardware that can drill a hole into a drawer sub front (not available with library update). New global variable added “Drill Sub Front Handle Holes”.
- Added two new global variables to control the name of the 2D Instructions subassemblies. You can set this up with your company name, preventing it from being overwritten during library updates.
- “Drawing 2D Instruction Name”
- “Drawing 2D Corner Instruction Name”
- Added new functionality in the factory LookUpTable “LookUpTableSystemDrawerSlide” to better accommodate when some drawers require front and back notches (column 8 and 12).
- Added Master Double Sided Cabinet FF product.
- Note for updating users only: To prevent issues with existing projects, we have added a global variable called “Use Legacy Wood Drawers” that can toggle between the legacy behavior and the updated behavior. If your project contains older versioned wood drawers, this variable can be selected to prevent issues. If you are running updated v23.1114 wood drawers and want the new functionality, uncheck this global.
- The factory LookUpTable “LookUpTableSystemDrawerSlide” has been refactored to better accommodate undermount drawer runners. This also addresses issues when users are using varying material thicknesses for their drawers such as 12mm, 16mm, and 18mm. Any custom wood drawer subassemblies OR current existing projects will need their wood drawers updated to avoid errors. Any customizations users have made to this table will need to be restored. See the Note for updating users only modification above or Special Note #2 above for more information.
- Updated the sample kitchen island product group that ships with new library installs. We have also added some bar stools.
- Base 2 Drawer Waste Bin product is now linked to the global "G!Default_Double_Waste_Bin_Pullout" to set an appropriate default waste bin.
- Cabinet carcass front edging on all left and right sides have been updated to account for finished ends. If a cabinet has a finished end, that side will reference “E!Open_Carcase_Edge” pointer instead of “E!Carcase_Edges”.
- “Shelf Qty” prompt control type for both adjustable and fixed shelves has been changed back to a 5 (visible). These prompts are sometimes controlled by the parent product they come in with (prompt value feature). So, keep this in mind when trying to control the shelf quantity from the subassembly prompts UI.
- Resolved issues with the Richelieu 908 drawer system graphics.
- Resolved issues with Any Angle cabinets when using dado construction.
- Resolved an issue with Horizontal Designer Cabinets when selecting Top Drawer option within the bays.
- Resolved an issue with sink cut-outs into countertops for Imperial users.
- Resolved an issue with Component Drawer subassembly when placed within cabinets with vertical rails that caused the drawer locations to be incorrect. In doing this, we have made the “Vertical Rail” prompt visible in the Component Drawers subassembly. This can now be turned off when inserting drawers into a product that has a vertical rail. We have added a formula that will now only deduct the vertical front rail width when there is no top facia.
- Resolved an issue when selecting Cabinet Notch Center with Wood Drawers.
- “G!Dado_Notch_Distance_to_Rear_Edge” global variable has been added to all Any Angle Cabinets.
- Resolved issue when selecting Finished End option with cabinets containing a Wrapped Batten. Added IF statement to the screw machine tokens on the wrapped battens so they will turn off when attaching to a finished end. We have also changed the machine point from 7M to 2M.
- Resolved issue when using a cabinet filler and applied end within the Tall Fridge Cabinet. Updated the height and depth of the fillers so that they will be full height when you have an applied end.
- Resolved issue with fillers in Tall Fridge Cabinet and Master Enclosed Appliance Cabinet. Updated so that the fillers are at the correct height and size. Also updated the filler subassemblies to not include the bottom reveal when the cabinet has a full inset door. Added a prompt value "Product_Type;Upper" to the fillers in the product so they will look at upper filler properties.
- Resolved issue with Lock Strike Plates at Drawers. The rotation for the strike was not taking into account the Left and Right of Pull position options.
- Resolved issue with secondary lock origins at Door Drawer Cabinets. These will now associate to the drawer stretcher.
- Certain Pullout Bin systems have “Left/Right mounting Position” options and were not displaying the prompt option. This has been corrected.
- For thin backs, updated dado machine tokens to match consistency with other global variables. Instead of referencing “G!Dado_Clearance”, they now reference “G!Rebate_Clearance”.
- Resolved a dado construction issue inside Extruded Die Wall w studs.
- Resolved issue with wire chase holes and cutouts inside the Straight Die Wall.
- Resolved issue with extending sides to the floor for upper cabinets. They will now reference the HeightAboveFloor value to get the correct size.
- All cabinet products updated so that when using the Cabinet Void feature, the overlay tops and bottoms no longer run to the wall.
- Resolved issue with the Door and Drawer Front Fabrication Report. Added missing headers and improved some formatting items for better consistency between the different reports.
- Resolved/Improved Rear Cutout Dowel spacing issues for all drawer box subassemblies.
- Resolved lock position issue when Stretcher material was a different thickness than the top material. The value in the prompt “Door_Top_Edge_to_Top_Panel” has been updated to refer to the correct thickness depending on if you use rails or full top.
- Resolved inaccuracies with certain Undermount Drawer Slide drilling Locations.
- Resolved an issue when using shadowlines and the global variable “Drawer Box Fixed Location”.
- Resolved a machining issue with the Lemans II pull out.
- Resolved an issue with Toe Kick Base product when using the Left/Right Notch feature. Also updated the location of the sleepers when using notches.
- Resolved routing issues within the MV Profile Door using certain shapes.
- Resolved 2D/3D drawing issues when using FE scribes on applied ends.
- Resolved 3D graphics issue with the Hafele Matrix drawer system. Locking Device block separated from the slide blocks.
- Resolved an issue with the Internal Drawers With Faces component insert subassembly. Unchecking the divisions and fillers along with changing the left reveal value will now move the parts.
- Resolved an issue when processing products using the Tambour Door With Surround subassembly. This will no longer generate an error message.
- Resolved issues with several extruded products such as Extruded Toe Kick Base and Extruded Base Cabinet. These products are undergoing continual improvement and will see changes over the next few updates.
Additions/Resolutions Face Frame Cabinetry:
- Diagonal Angle Cabinet FF, Transition Angle Cabinet FF, and similar will now correctly display their 2D face frame images on reports and CAD (no longer oblique). A new nested subassembly was added along with a new CAD layer to facilitate this (updated the shipping dwt template).
- Resolved an issue with hinges not appearing in Frame products using the Generic Five Piece door type.
- Added Master Double Sided Cabinet FF product.
Resolutions Office Furniture
- Resolved issue with doors in the Blended Locker product.
- Edgebanding on top edge of sides will no longer appear when using an overlay top.
- Resolved issue with missing associative dado machining for backs in certain products.
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0114
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0114. Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There are specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 21.0831
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 21.0831. Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There are specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 21.1006
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 21.1006. Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There are specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 23.0210
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 23.0210. Additions: • Added a new global variable “Hinge Offset From Edge” to provide easier control without needing to update the finished faces subassembly. • Added a sample ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 23.0320
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 23.0320. This update includes many changes & additions to the Microvellum Closet/Wardrobe Expansion. If you have not purchased this expansion, you will not have access to ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 24.1.0227.641
The following release notes apply to Toolbox build 24.1.0227.641 UI Fixes Figure 1: Expansion issue with Function Arguments window. There was a noted issue regarding the Function Arguments window in the Formula Editor: when one expanded or increased ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 24.0221
Additions Added “Lookup” Option for all Fixed and Adjustable Shelf Quantity variables. Rather than entering a number for base/tall/upper shelf quantity, we now have an option called “Lookup”. When choosing “Lookup” from the dropdown, the shelf ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 24.1.0219.641
The following release notes apply to Toolbox build 24.1.0219.641 Copy Product Information Fix An issue has been reported by some users, who found that when attempting to copy and paste their product information by using the “Copy Product Information” ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 24.1.0213.641
The following release notes apply to Toolbox build 24.1.0213.641 Edgeband Thickness Fix An issue was reported centered around the Edgeband thickness of products using formula driven materials from their specification groups. When products were ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 24.1.0207.641
The following release notes apply to Toolbox build 24.1.0207.641 3D Drawing Fixes Several fixes have been applied to specific issues users reported centered around 3D drawings: Users reported an issue when creating products with interior corners: ...