Preparing to Install Microvellum Software
The steps listed below should be finished before installing any Microvellum software, including Toolbox, Production, and also before installing a program update.
Following these pre-installation steps will prevent "error code 1603" & “Cannot find Setup.dll” installation errors reported by some users.
If you are upgrading/updating, be sure to backup your current data before proceeding!
Before executing the steps below, exit AutoCAD and any Microvellum products you may be running.
- Download the full installation file package.
- Unblock the installation file.
- Extract the installation file to C:\
- Run the file "setup.exe" as an Administrator.
- Temporarily disable anti-virus if necessary.
- Temporarily disable UAC if necessary.
- Download the full installation package file from Microvellum
- If the file is a ZIP, you must extract the contents by right-clicking on the file and selecting "Extract All." Alternatively, if you are using another file compression app, extract it using that app.
Specify a location to extract the installation package directly on the C:\ drive, or at C:\Temp\ to reduce long filename issues. Otherwise, you may have issues with rendering files with longs names not being installed correctly.
- Once you've done that, then find the file named "setup.exe" and right-click on it. Select "Run as Administrator."
- The procedure up to this point will result in a successful installation in the majority of cases. If it does not, create an exclusion for the install file in your anti-virus software. As a last resort, TEMPORARILY disable your anti-virus software. Once the install has completed successfully, reset it to the original setting!
- If you still have issues with the install failing, TEMPORARILY modify your UAC or User Account Control settings. To do so, press the Windows key on your keyboard and enter "Change User Account Control Settings." Set the slider to "Never Notify."
- Windows 8 - Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts
- Windows 10 - Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings
Once the install has completed successfully, reset it to the original setting!
See related articles for your next steps in installing a library and configuring your software.
Microvellum Server Installation Guide
This article outlines the steps to install and configure the Microvellum Server software. See Microvellum Server (Overview) in the Microvellum Help Center for an article giving a summary of the Microvellum Server software. See Microvellum Server ...
Preparing Your Computer to Install Toolbox
This tutorial demonstrates the steps recommend prior to installing Microvellum Toolbox and Toolbox AC (AutoCAD Companion). Prior to installing an update, we advise backing up your current data before initiating the process detailed below. Due to ...
Toolbox Standard 2023 Installation Best Practices
The following article contains the recommended and necessary procedures for installing Microvellum’s Toolbox Standard AutoCAD 2023. In order to get the smoothest and highest quality experience, it is recommended to be running a graphics card with 4 ...
Microvellum Server (Reference)
This article applies to Microvellum software builds 20.1.0203 and greater and provides a reference of commands and options for the software. Following that, you will find a reference for the commands and options found on each screen. Command and ...
Introducing Microvellum Server 2020
These days, the data driving your shop’s production can come from multiple systems such as online orders, ERP, MRP, or other software applications. The problem is, these systems are most likely disconnected from each other or drive independent ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 23.1.0921.641
The following release notes apply to Toolbox build 23.1.0921.641 Cumulative Library Updates Fix Figure 1: Cumulative Update issue. There was a bug noted by users while attempting to download the Foundation Library’s phase 1 cumulative update and ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 23.0919
Additions Added new product Master Double Sided Cabinet. Added “Horizontal Handles Centered” global option to all doors. This is available for all tab pulls, handles, and knobs. Added a new DRAWRECTANGLE 2D plan token to the door subassemblies. This ...
My Cases: Case Details
Once you've logged into the Client Portal and navigated to the My Cases area, simply click on the case title to access the case details page. Here, you can thoroughly review the case description, append additional comments, upload attachments, and ...
My Cases: Overview
Once you've logged into the Client Portal, accessing your support cases is a breeze. You can simply click on the "My Cases" icon in the flyout menu or choose the "View Cases" button conveniently placed on the Welcome page. Inside this section, you'll ...
Uploading Attachments to Support Cases
Support case attachments are files or documents attached to a support case or ticket, serving the purpose of providing additional information, context, or evidence relevant to the reported issue. These attachments can encompass a wide range of file ...