Solid Analyzation Settings
Solid Analyzation Settings
To access the settings for solid analyzation, open the Toolbox Options (Toolbox Setup -> Options) and select the Solid Analyzation tab.
- Material Thickness – Allows you to specify minimum and maximum thicknesses for parts. Parts that do not meet these requirements will be treated as an “exception part” and will be drawn as a block (no parts will be cut).
- Drill Hole Diameters – Allows you to specify minimum and maximum diameters for drilling operations. Holes that fit outside these parameters will become routed holes.
- Pocket Penetrating Cutouts – Allows you to set a maximum area (square inches) for when a cutout will be pocketed (center material cleared out). Cutouts that exceed the maximum area will not receive a pocket operation.
- Part Size – Allows you to set minimum and maximum dimensions for parts. Parts that do not meet these requirements will be treated as an “exception part” and will be drawn as a block.
- Nonplanar Parts (Curved-Bent) – Allows you to enter a value in which curved or bent parts will be oversized to allow for manual machining.
- Part Naming and Material – Select from Automatic, From Solid Layer, or From AutoCAD Material to determine part naming and material selections. Analyzed parts will inherit the name and material based upon the layer used.
- Exception Part Color – Exception parts are parts that did not meet the parameters. You can select what color the exception parts will use when drawn back as a manufacturable product.
- Miters – Allows you to choose whether to draw and machine miter operations or to draw only allowing for manual machining.
- Tool Selection – Tool selections for analyzed products must be set up through the tool file.
It is essential to set these parameters to your preferences. The more these parameters are dialed in, the better the analyzations will be; but, keep in mind, dialing these in can increase the time it takes to analyze products.
Configuration Editor: Solid Analyzation Options
This article provides an overview of the options and settings available on the Solid Analyzation tab of the Configuration Editor (Options) Interface. For a complete list of available tabs and options visit Overview: Configuration Editor (Options) ...
Solid Model Analyzer - SMA (Reference)
This article is a reference article explaining how to work with various types of products in the Solid Model Analyzer, also known as SMA. It also explains the commands and properties that apply to SMA. See Using Solid Model Analyzer - SMA ...
Solid Model Analyzer - Solid Analyzation Tab
You will find these properties on the Solid Analyzation tab of the Microvellum Options page. Each section below contains the properties listed. Fig. 1 – Solid Analyzation Properties Material Thickness Section Fig. 2 – Material Thickness Options ...
Solid Model Analyzer - SMA (Overview)
Description Solid Model Analyzer is a powerful tool included in certain product levels of Microvellum. The design and manufacturing industry is steadily moving closer to the adoption of 3D design for its verification and visualization abilities. The ...
How to import and analyze 3D solids from Autodesk Inventor using Solid Model Analyzer (SMA)
Importing 3D Solids from Inventor® In this tutorial, you will learn how to import and analyze 3D solids from Autodesk Inventor using the Solid Model Analyzer features available in Toolbox. Create or open a Microvellum project and open a room. The ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0520
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0520 Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There may be specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
The Range Hood - Add-on
About the Library Add-on This is a “Master” Range Hood product capable of being used as is or saved back to the library numerous times in unlimited number of different combinations. This Library Add-on is compatible with the Foundation Library. This ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0406.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0406.641 Database Management Resolutions: Resolved an issue that caused template level projects to be deleted when deleting a seemingly “empty” category (this was caused by a mix-up in the ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0407
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0407 Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There may be specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0325.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0325.641 Toolfile Resolutions: Resolved an issue in certain post names where the pecking number was not working. Resolved an issue in certain post names where some face 6 machining was falling ...