Solid Modeling Tools - How to Apply Dowel Joints to Your Product (Tutorial 4: Part 3)
This article continues from Solid Modeling Tools - How to Apply Dado Joints to Your Product and provides information for applying dowel joints to your product.
- This step will show you how to configure your product for dowel joints at the stud vertical entities. First, set the dowel joint property, and then modify the section.
- Modify the section profile by drawing closed polylines that represent the location and size of the dowels. The width of the rectangles represent the dowel diameter, and the height represents the length. The location in relation to each part is also important in defining the depth in part.
- Click: “Extruded Tools > Vertical Entities > Edit Vertical Entity,” as shown in figure 13 above.
- Set the property “Vertical Use Dados” to False. Set the property “Vertical Use Dowels” to True.
- Set the value box next to the property “Vertical Dowel Associates” and select the rectangle representations of the dowels in the section drawing.
If you don’t have drills setup that correspond to the dowel diameter, you will see messages reminding you of that fact for each dowel rectangle selected.
- When the 3D product redraws, verify every place that the vertical entities contact the plates receive a dowel joint with the correct number of dowel, as shown in the section. These vertical entities must have had the property for dowels set true, as specified above.
- Save the drawing.
The next subject in this tutorial series will show you how to restore your custom product after Toolbox is restarted in a new session of Solid Modeling Tools (SMT) and then how to create manufacturing data for your custom product.
Click here to view “Tutorial 5: Solid Modeling Tools (ManufacturingData).”
The Range Hood - Add-on
About the Library Add-on This is a “Master” Range Hood product capable of being used as is or saved back to the library numerous times in unlimited number of different combinations. This Library Add-on is compatible with the Foundation Library. This ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0406.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0406.641 Database Management Resolutions: Resolved an issue that caused template level projects to be deleted when deleting a seemingly “empty” category (this was caused by a mix-up in the ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0407
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0407 Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There may be specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0325.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0325.641 Toolfile Resolutions: Resolved an issue in certain post names where the pecking number was not working. Resolved an issue in certain post names where some face 6 machining was falling ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0317.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0317.641 Database Resolutions: Resolved an issue where the user experience took longer than necessary to start. Materials Resolutions: Resolved an issue where with formulated materials the ...