Solid Modeling Tools - Vertical Associative Joint Type (Tutorial 3: Part 4)
This article continues from Solid Modeling Tools - Working with Vertical Entities and provides information on vertical associative joint types.
- Another property of your custom product that is not known by Microvellum until you set it is what to do with the vertical entities at joints in the extrusion. You could add the ‘verticals’ at those locations manually, but that takes time. The other option is to tell the software what to do at the extrusion joints and let it take care of drawing in the verticals automatically. As always, you can set this property from two places in the software.
- Method #1 : Click the Tree View tab, right-click on the vertical part smart layer category.
- Click Edit, and select the preferred value for “Vertical Associative Joint Type.”
- Method #2 : Click the button at Extruded Tools > Vertical Entities > Edit Vertical Entity > Select one of the vertical entities in the array of parts.
- Select the preferred value from the dropdown list of values. For this tutorial, select “Double_Stud_at_Joint.”
When the property above is set to the specified value, the property “Vertical Joint Associates” is activated. As you click through the list of parts, the software highlights the corresponding part in the 3D drawing. In this tutorial, select the upper bottom plate and click OK.
The 3D product is redrawn with two studs at each joint in the upper bottom plate as specified.
- Save the drawing.
Continue on to Solid Modeling Tools - Add Joints to Multiple Extruded Entities .
The Range Hood - Add-on
About the Library Add-on This is a “Master” Range Hood product capable of being used as is or saved back to the library numerous times in unlimited number of different combinations. This Library Add-on is compatible with the Foundation Library. This ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0406.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0406.641 Database Management Resolutions: Resolved an issue that caused template level projects to be deleted when deleting a seemingly “empty” category (this was caused by a mix-up in the ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0407
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0407 Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There may be specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0325.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0325.641 Toolfile Resolutions: Resolved an issue in certain post names where the pecking number was not working. Resolved an issue in certain post names where some face 6 machining was falling ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0317.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0317.641 Database Resolutions: Resolved an issue where the user experience took longer than necessary to start. Materials Resolutions: Resolved an issue where with formulated materials the ...