The following article contains the recommended and necessary procedures for installing Microvellum’s Toolbox Standard AutoCAD 2023.
In order to get the smoothest and highest quality experience, it is recommended to be running a graphics card with 4 GB DirectX 11 compliant Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) or one from the AutoCAD Certified Graphics Hardware
. An older graphics card may not be able to leverage the power of modern GPUs and multi-core CPUs and may be the cause of lag, slow loading times, or insufficient graphics.
An "Invalid Version Format Login Error" is possible when upgrading to Toolbox Standard 2023 because old software versions (before 22.1.307.641) are unable to read the version number in the database if the integer value gets too large. In order to maintain production and avoid the error, please refer to the Configuration Login Error- "Invalid Version Format"
1. To ensure the integrity of your Microvellum Configurations and Preferences, be sure to back them up before installing the Microvellum Toolbox Standard for AutoCAD.
2. Additionally, it is recommended to uninstall any previous versions of the Microvellum Toolbox Standard for AutoCAD before proceeding with the installation.
It is best practice to uninstall previous versions of Microvellum Toolbox Standard to avoid the complications highlighted in this article. You will be prompted to perform an upgrade if you installed Toolbox Standard on an older installer.
If you choose "Yes" when prompted to perform an
upgrade during the installation process, the system will check for
compatibility with older versions. However, due to incompatibility issues, you
may receive a message requesting that you remove the existing version of the
product before continuing with the upgrade.
3. After uninstalling any previous versions of the Toolbox Standard or starting with a clean machine, you can proceed with installing the 2023 version.
4. In the first window, accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA) by selecting Continue.
5. Choose the directory for the install. We recommend keeping the default path.
6. The next interface will display a list of supported versions of AutoCAD and prompt you to select the version you want to configure for use with Microvellum Toolbox Standard. From the dropdown menu, choose the year of AutoCAD you wish to configure and select the option "This version of AutoCAD will be configured.
7. Only select one year of AutoCAD to configure and leave the rest as "NOT configured." Once you have made your selection, click "Continue." Upon completion of the installation, launch AutoCAD to begin using the Toolbox Standard.
Switching to a Different Supported AutoCAD Version Using the Same Installer
You can use the same installer to switch to a different year of AutoCAD if the following conditions are met:
1. The installer you are using installed Microvellum Toolbox Standard for the current AutoCAD configuration.
2. The year of AutoCAD you want to switch to is supported by the installer. Note that an installer supports the year it was released in and the two years prior. For example, an installer released in 2023 will support AutoCAD 2023, 2022, and 2021.
If your installer does not meet these criteria or you encounter any issues, it is recommended to back up your Toolbox Configurations and Preferences, uninstall the Microvellum Toolbox Standard, and then install it again normally.
If the requirements are satisfied, you can switch configurations by doing the following:
1. Run the installer.
2. When the Modify or Remove screen appears, click "Continue."
3. On the Program Maintenance screen, select "Modify AutoCAD Version" and click "Continue."
4. On the next screen, you do not need to change the default directory of your install unless you have a unique setup that requires it. If you do need to change the directory, make the necessary modifications. Otherwise, leave it as is and click "Continue”.
5. The next interface will display a list of supported versions of AutoCAD and prompt you to select the version you want to configure for use with Microvellum Toolbox Standard. From the dropdown menu, choose the year of AutoCAD you wish to configure and select the option "This version of AutoCAD will be configured."
6. Just like before, only select one year of AutoCAD to be configured and leave the rest as "NOT configured."
7. After making your selection, click "Continue."
8. Once the installation is complete, launch AutoCAD to confirm that it is working in your new configuration.