Understanding the Edit Design Data Interface
The Edit Design Data interface is a spreadsheet editor, similar to Microsoft Excel.
The interface includes tools located at the top of the window. Below the tool icons is a drop-down list of defined names that can be used to locate the cell’s reference. Beside the drop-down is the formula bar. Formulas will be displayed and can be edited using the formula bar. Below the formula bar is the spreadsheet. At the bottom of the spreadsheet, area are the tabs that the product contains. At the bottom of the interface are different save and close options.
The tools available (from left to right) include:
- Save – Allows you to save the changes made to the spreadsheet.
- Close Subassembly – Allows you to close out of a subassembly or nested subassembly.
This icon is only visible when a subassembly or nested subassembly file is open. When a nested subassembly is open, the icon will have a green arrow.
- Cut – Allows you to cut a cell, or range of cells, from the spreadsheet.
- Copy – Allows you to copy a cell, or range of cells, from the spreadsheet.
- Paste – Allows you to paste a cut or copied cell, or range of cells, to another location.
- Insert Function – Allows you to access the Formula Editor, which can be used to read or write formulas.
- Force Recalculation – Allows you to force formulas and equations to recalculate.
- Undo – Allows you to undo changes.
- Redo – Allows you to redo changes that were undone.
- Find and Replace – Allows you to find every mention of the keyword entered, and replace every instance.
- Name Manager – Opens the Name Manager window.
- Filter Parts – Allows you to view included parts (parts with a quantity greater than 0) or all parts.
- Toggle Part Thickness Column – Allows you to hide or view the thickness column.
- Toggle Hidden Columns A through P – Hides or Displays hidden columns.
- Show Spreadsheet Errors – Allows you to find any errors within the selected spreadsheet tab.
- Set Standard Column Widths – Allows you to set standard widths for the columns within the selected spreadsheet.
- Workbook Designer – Allows you to access the Workbook Designer interface. Workbook designer includes more spreadsheet tools and allows you to access the other workbooks within the project.
A noticeable feature that is built into Edit Design Data is the conditional formatting to make cells with formulas appear with red text. Black text indicates a static value.
Accessing the Edit Design Data Interface
Accessing the Edit Design Data InterfaceThere are several ways to access the Edit Design Data interface: When drawing products (Draw > Draw Products), you can right-click in the product list, expand the “More” list at the bottom of the menu, and ...
Working Within the Subassemblies Tab
Working Within the Subassemblies Tab The Subassemblies tab is where the subassemblies for the product are located. The majority of library products contain subassemblies. Subassemblies are products within products. Subassemblies can be added manually ...
Understanding the OFFSETPOLYLINE Spreadsheet Function
The OFFSETPOLYLINE Spreadsheet Function allows for vector points to be entered, from a polyline token, for example, and the function then returns the vector coordinates offset by the desired amount. The OFFSETPOLYLINE function is formatted as such: ...
Working Within the Cut Parts Tab
Working Within the Cut Parts Tab The Cut Parts tab is where parts within the product are located. If the Cut Parts tab does not contain any parts, they may be contained in a subassembly. Parts can be added manually to the Cut Parts tab. A minimum of ...
Working Within the Hardware Parts Tab
Working Within the Hardware Parts Tab The Hardware Parts tab is where hardware items for the product are located. Note: If the Hardware Parts tab does not contain any hardware items, they may be contained in a subassembly. Hardware items can be ...
Asking to Re-Activate Software on Start Up
If your license is current, but you keep getting the Activate Software window when starting up Toolbox, this is the fix. Instead of entering your serial number and password every time, go to your MV Toolbox icon on your desktop and Right-click then ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0620.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0620.641 Reports & Labels Resolutions: Resolved an issue with the auto-label rotation when you create new g-code from a batch drawing. Resolved an issue with certain saws that prevented the ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0607.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0607.641 Report Groups Resolutions: Removed and extra "BMP" choice for the HTML format. Resolved an issue that prevented changing the scaling in HTML output. Resolved an issue that caused ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0525.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0525.641 Database Management Resolutions: Resolved an issue that caused products and subassemblies to need to be imported twice in order to see them in Toolbox. Resolved an issue with ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0520
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0520 Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There may be specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...