Understanding the Nest Editing and 2D Machining Tools Interface
To access these tools, click on the Nest Editing and 2D Machining Tools icon in the Toolbox tool strip under the Process menu.
The interface is the same as the 2D Machining Tools, except the Current Processing Station and Current Work Order information displayed at the top, and two added menu options: Nest Tools and Part Tools.
Material Tools – Allows you to select a material and sheet size and then draw a new sheet of the material in the nest.
Part Placement Tools
- Move Part – Allows you to select a part to move and place it by selecting two borders (all spacing between parts and edges of the material will be incorporated.
- Copy Part – Allows you to select a part to copy and place it by selecting two borders.
- Delete Part – Allows you to select and remove a part from the nest.
- Rotate Part – Allows you to select and rotate a part 90 degrees.
- Change Setmill Location – Allows you to select a new location for the lead-in/out along a part border.
- Create New G-Code – Allows you to create a new g-code for a part or nested sheet. Note: A new batch name will need to be added.
- Update Existing G-Code – Allows you to update the existing g-code for a part or nested sheet.
- Show Machining Properties – Displays the properties of a selected machining operation or border.
- Make Center Line Nest – Allows you to select a nest border and create a centerline border cut operation.
- Add Tabs to Nest – Allows you to add tabs (uncut material) to help keep parts from moving.
- Assign Priorities to Routes – Allows you to set the order of machining operations by selecting them sequentially.
- Assign Priorities to Borders – Allows you to set the order of border operations by selecting them sequentially.
- Part Information – Allows you to add a new part to the nest drawing. New parts must include a part name, length, width, border tool. After the required information has been entered, the part can be drawn.
- Select Existing – Allows you to select a polyline that has been drawn within a nested sheet.
- Draw – Allows you to pick a point within a nested sheet where the new part will be added.
Tutorial: 2D Machining Tools
General procedure overview: Create a new nest sheet. Add parts to the sheet. Add machining to the parts. Modify the nest sheet layout as needed. Generate G-Code for the nest sheet. Click the button on the MV palette "Nest Editing and 2D ...
Overview: 2D Machining Tools
Back by popular demand is the ability to create one-off parts, nested panels and parts, and G-Code from all of them. Smaller shops and others that know exactly the dimensions of the single parts they want to produce need this feature. It is a quick ...
2D Machining Tools
The 2D Machining Tools tab contains several other sub-tabs: Part Information – This includes information on the part and also allows you to place pods and make single part g-code for point-to-point machines. Vertical Drilling Tools – Contains a list ...
2D Machining Tools (Single Parts)
As of Microvellum Toolbox 2020 | Build 15.6.228, there are two significant changes to the way the 2D Machining Tools operate. Updating Machine Token Values The program now updates existing machine tokens differently. Previously, if you drew a part ...
Route Editing Tools and Hardware
The Route Editing Tools allow you to make modifications to routing operations. Using the Machining Tools, you can: Reverse Polyline Direction – Allows you to change the direction of a polyline , which will swap the start and endpoints. Change ...
The Range Hood - Add-on
About the Library Add-on This is a “Master” Range Hood product capable of being used as is or saved back to the library numerous times in unlimited number of different combinations. This Library Add-on is compatible with the Foundation Library. This ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0406.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0406.641 Database Management Resolutions: Resolved an issue that caused template level projects to be deleted when deleting a seemingly “empty” category (this was caused by a mix-up in the ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0407
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0407 Please make sure you are selecting the correct specification group when drawing products. There may be specification groups for both metric and imperial. Additions: ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0325.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0325.641 Toolfile Resolutions: Resolved an issue in certain post names where the pecking number was not working. Resolved an issue in certain post names where some face 6 machining was falling ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0317.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0317.641 Database Resolutions: Resolved an issue where the user experience took longer than necessary to start. Materials Resolutions: Resolved an issue where with formulated materials the ...