Understanding the Nest Editing and 2D Machining Tools Interface
To access these tools, click on the Nest Editing and 2D Machining Tools icon in the Toolbox tool strip under the Process menu.
The interface is the same as the 2D Machining Tools, except the Current Processing Station and Current Work Order information displayed at the top, and two added menu options: Nest Tools and Part Tools.
Material Tools – Allows you to select a material and sheet size and then draw a new sheet of the material in the nest.
Part Placement Tools
- Move Part – Allows you to select a part to move and place it by selecting two borders (all spacing between parts and edges of the material will be incorporated.
- Copy Part – Allows you to select a part to copy and place it by selecting two borders.
- Delete Part – Allows you to select and remove a part from the nest.
- Rotate Part – Allows you to select and rotate a part 90 degrees.
- Change Setmill Location – Allows you to select a new location for the lead-in/out along a part border.
- Create New G-Code – Allows you to create a new g-code for a part or nested sheet. Note: A new batch name will need to be added.
- Update Existing G-Code – Allows you to update the existing g-code for a part or nested sheet.
- Show Machining Properties – Displays the properties of a selected machining operation or border.
- Make Center Line Nest – Allows you to select a nest border and create a centerline border cut operation.
- Add Tabs to Nest – Allows you to add tabs (uncut material) to help keep parts from moving.
- Assign Priorities to Routes – Allows you to set the order of machining operations by selecting them sequentially.
- Assign Priorities to Borders – Allows you to set the order of border operations by selecting them sequentially.
- Part Information – Allows you to add a new part to the nest drawing. New parts must include a part name, length, width, border tool. After the required information has been entered, the part can be drawn.
- Select Existing – Allows you to select a polyline that has been drawn within a nested sheet.
- Draw – Allows you to pick a point within a nested sheet where the new part will be added.
Tutorial: 2D Machining Tools
General procedure overview: Create a new nest sheet. Add parts to the sheet. Add machining to the parts. Modify the nest sheet layout as needed. Generate G-Code for the nest sheet. Click the button on the MV palette "Nest Editing and 2D ...
Overview: 2D Machining Tools
Back by popular demand is the ability to create one-off parts, nested panels and parts, and G-Code from all of them. Smaller shops and others that know exactly the dimensions of the single parts they want to produce need this feature. It is a quick ...
2D Machining Tools
The 2D Machining Tools tab contains several other sub-tabs: Part Information – This includes information on the part and also allows you to place pods and make single part g-code for point-to-point machines. Vertical Drilling Tools – Contains a list ...
2D Machining Tools (Single Parts)
As of Microvellum Toolbox 2020 | Build 15.6.228, there are two significant changes to the way the 2D Machining Tools operate. Updating Machine Token Values The program now updates existing machine tokens differently. Previously, if you drew a part ...
Route Editing Tools and Hardware
The Route Editing Tools allow you to make modifications to routing operations. Using the Machining Tools, you can: Reverse Polyline Direction – Allows you to change the direction of a polyline , which will swap the start and endpoints. Change ...
Managing Your Software Activations
This article will help you understand the process of managing your software activations and deactivations. All requests regarding software management should be made using our ticketing system. When creating a support ticket, you will be presented ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0920.641
Machine Tokens Resolutions: Resolved an issue that caused shelf holes and shelf standard machining to run horizontally instead of vertically. Materials Resolutions: Resolved an issue that prevented the hardware wizard from changing ...
Getting Started with Microvellum Software
The links below will help guide you to a successful installation of your Microvellum software. Preparing Your Computer to Install Toolbox Following these helpful tips will ensure a successful Toolbox installation. System Requirements Review the ...
How to Install a Foundation Library Update
This article includes details on the purpose of a Foundation Library update and how to perform an update. To perform a Foundation Library Update in the Toolbox, you must have Toolbox version 22.1.729.641 or newer to have the Library Update Utility ...
How to Install a Library Expansion
This article details the process of importing a library expansion into your Foundation Library. Before continuing, make sure that the expansion build number matches your Foundation library build number. The Database Management Import tool modifies ...