Toolbox 2020, OEM, is packed with new features and enhancements to help you streamline your design, drafting, and engineering. With an OEM Subscription, you’ll gain access to the latest toolsets and innovative features of Toolbox 2020.
Improved Dark Theme Appearance
Modified “dark theme.”
- Reduce eye strain with contrast improvements, sharper icons, and a modern dark blue interface.
Fig. 01 - Dark Theme Sample
- Overall performance of Toolbox 2020 improved
- Most obvious when saving drawings. Most saves now take less than half a second, compared to 1.5 seconds on average in the previous release.
- Installing the software is faster for solid-state hard drives (could find no actual data).
Fig. 02 - Improved Performance When Saving Drawings
Display all nearby measurements in a drawing dynamically, simply by hovering your mouse.
The Quick option is designed to work on 2D geometry in a plan view with the UCS set to World and the visual style set to 2D Wireframe. Objects that aren't measured include annotations such as dimensions, hatches, and custom objects.
Fig. 03 - MEASURE Command "Quick" Option
Significantly Improved Block Insertion
Insert blocks efficiently from a most recently used list, and includes visual galleries.
Fig. 04 - Comparison of New Block Palette and Old Insert Interface
A More Intuitive Way to Remove Unused Items
Remove multiple unneeded objects at once with easy selection and object preview.
Fig. 05 - Comparison Between the New and Old PURGE Interfaces
Better Drawing Comparisons
Compare two versions of a drawing without leaving your current window.
The limitations for the DWG Compare feature include the following.
- Operates in model space only. If a drawing selected for comparison was saved in a layout, DWG Compare automatically switches to the Model tab.
- Supports DWG files only.
- Does not support all object types. (See AutoCAD documentation for types.)
- Comparison graphics are displayed only in the 2D Wireframe visual style.
- Revision clouds cannot enclose changes in a 3D isometric view.
Fig. 06 - New Drawing COMPARE Interface
Fig. 07 - New Drawing Compare Toolbar
Q & A
Question: Using the Toolbox 2020 drawing comparison tool, does the origin point of both drawings be identical to compare successfully?
Answer: No. The objects with different origins in the second drawing are considered to be revisions of the original drawing. They are highlighted in a different color and enclosed with a revision cloud. You may then use the DWG Comparison tools to delete selected objects in the original and import the revised drawing objects.
Question: Does the Toolbox 2020 drawing comparison tool successfully compare 3D drawings?
Answer: Yes, depending on the object type. (Exceptions include OLE objects, cameras, geographic data, GIS objects from Map 3D, non-DWG underlays, images, coordination models, and point clouds.) The comparison must be in 2D Wireframe style and will be switched to that style.
Question: Does the drawing comparison tool work with only DWG files, or is it possible to open drawing files of other types, such as PDF?
Answer: DWG files are the only file type supported. If you receive your files in another type of format, you must find a way to convert them before comparing them. If in PDF format, convert the file into CAD lines in a DWG file and then compare.
See AutoCAD 2020 New Features Overview for more information.