Nesting Processing Station Controls and Settings
To access the settings for a processing station, select the processing station and click the Edit icon.
The Settings tab for the processing stations is the same across the different types of processing stations.
- Name – Allows you to set the name for the processing station.
- Activity Station – Allows you to select and set up the activity station to be used for this processing station.
- Type – Allows you to select what type of processing that will be performed.
- Premill Type – Allows you to select what type of premill settings for edge banding will be used.
- Auto Assign Rules – Allows you to select instances in which parts can have this processing station automatically assigned.
- Tool File – Allows you to select the tool file to be used for this processing station.
The Associates tab allows you to add secondary processing stations. This is commonly used with parts that require multiple machining or automation operations; i.e., the saw processing station would need edge bore and single part G-code associates assigned as they are secondary to the main processing station. This tab is also the same across the different types of processing stations.
The Nest tab contains a wide range of options and settings to control nesting optimization and machining operations.
- Border Method – Allows you to select and setup which method to use for part border routing. (For more information, see Processing Station Nest Options - Border Method.)
- Optimization Strategy – Allows you to choose how to optimize parts within a material sheet.
- Lead In/Out – Allows you to set up the offset and length for lead-in/out operations of part borders.
- Small Part Threshold – Allows you to set parameters for determining when a part is to be considered small enough to require additional settings to help prevent part movement at the machine.
- Small Part Handling – Allows you to set up how small parts will be handled. Options include performing a double pass or using tabs (See Nest Tabbing for more information).
- Nested Parts Origin – Allows you to select the origin point (corner) for how parts will be placed on a sheet.
- Don’t Rotate Parts With – Allows you to set parameters for when a part should not be rotated. This is used when a drill head contains drills of the same diameter along the Y-axis of the machine bed and different diameter drills along the X-axis.
- Drawing Options – Allows you to set up how the nest drawings are created. Drawings can be set up with different parts list text placement. They can also be set up to create multiple nest drawings.
The Scrap tab contains settings for creating and using scrap.
The Scrap Management module must be purchased to use these settings.
- Save Scrap Meeting the Following Requirements – Allows you to set up parameters that will allow the nesting optimization to create scrap “parts” when enough space is available. You can set up the parameters to use a minimum area and/or dimension. Or, you can set up the parameters to create parts based on a list of sizes. You can also turn on the option to have the system prompt you to commit scrap to a storage location during processing; otherwise, this will be a manual operation to be performed after processing.
- Use Scrap from Inventory – Allows you to setup options for using scrap that has been committed to inventory. When using this option, you can also set up material trim widths/lengths (margins).
- Destroy Offal – Allows you to set up parameters for destroying scrap. You can specify the maximum dimensions for the X and Y axes, and the optimization process will create a grid pattern routing operation to cut the scrap area into smaller pieces that will be easier to discard. You can also specify what tool to use, as well as the type and sequence for the operation(s).
Sawing Processing Station Controls and Settings
The Files & Pictures tab contains file path location settings as well as image settings for part and label images. The Saw tab contains settings for optimization and saw operation. Parameters – Allows you to set and adjust the parameters based on ...
Tutorial: Processing Stations Auto Assign Rules
The "Auto Assign Rules" in the Processing Station settings are designed to save you time by automatically assigning Processing Stations to parts in the Processing Center based on the rules you select in the Processing Station Setup. This means you ...
Configuration Editor: Processing Stations Options
This article provides an overview of the options and settings available on the Processing Stations tab of the Configuration Editor (Options) Interface. For a complete list of available tabs and options visit Overview: Configuration Editor (Options) ...
Parts File Processing Station Associates (Overview)
Overview of Processing Station Parts File Associates Microvellum contains complete nesting optimizer and complete sawing optimizer solutions. It also supports third-party optimizers such as Ardis, BlueCell, and CutRite. Microvellum creates a “parts ...
Assigning a Toolfile to a Processing Station
This article explains the steps to assign a toolfile to a processing station. Hover over "Toolbox Setup" and select "Options." Select the "Processing Stations" tab and double click the processing station you would like to assign a toolfile to. In ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 21.2.0111.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 21.2.0111.641 Scrap Management Resolutions: Resolved an issue that was causing the Offal Cutting pattern to cut into rounded parts. Saw Optimizer Resolutions: Resolved an issue where the PTX output ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 21.1.1227.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 21.1.1227.641 Edit Design Data Resolutions: Resolved an issue where the workbook prefix (e.g. "L!") would not be added when applying a local variable to a formula. Resolved an issue where the "Revert ...
Machine Implementation Process
Thank you for choosing Microvellum as your platform to streamline your design, engineering, and production processes within your company to propel your business forward. Follow the steps to ensure a successful and timely implementation of your CNC ...
Planning for a Successful Implementation
Service Engagement Process Thank you for choosing Microvellum as your platform to streamline your design to manufacturing processes within your company. Follow the steps to ensure a successful and timely implementation of your services. Information ...
Integration Guide for the Component Cabinet Library
Below you will find file downloads for Microvellum's Component Cabinet Library Integration Guide. Form fields are pre-filled with either Metric or Imperial library default values. This integration guide contains details and settings from ...