Toolbox Release Notes | Build 23.1.1205.642
The following release notes apply to Toolbox build 23.1.1205.642
New FLA Licenses
- The software has been given a number of overhauls to integrate and function with the new SLS system. Users with software serial numbers for all installed and activated Microvellum software will be automatically updated to a new software license key as a Floating License (FLA) type upon updating to this build.
- FLA type licenses allow for the use of multiple versions of the OEM (2021, 2022, 2023) all on a single device without issue, in addition for installation of the software on an unlimited number of devices but will be restricted on concurrent use based on the number of licenses purchased.
- Switching between FLA and SLA license types is available with a software management request in the Client Case Portal.
- It is important to note that activating and authenticating FLA type licenses will require internet access, the software having a set period of consistent check-ins for authentication. As such, users will require internet connection for consistent use of the software using this license type. Users will be alerted at the time of the software's automatically set routine check-in, if their device is not connected to the internet, and will have an opportunity to reconnect, before the software's security measures will lock the software to ensure no unauthorized access to client projects or data is possible.
- For further information, consult the FAQ on the new licenses, or the community announcement on the topic.
Previous serial numbers and passwords will remain valid for approximately 30 days after updating and activating software with the new license key. If updating to build 23.1.1205.642 or newer, it is recommended that everyone in your company also update to the new license key, to avoid any issues related to the suspension it's pending suspension. When installing Microvellum software for the first time, using an install greater than 23.1.1205.642, use the newer software license key and activation password.
Figure 1: About Microvellum update.
- The "About Microvellum" option under the "Help" section has been given an overhaul to reflect the changes made with the new license types and the way the software functions with them. Users will still be able to view which modules, Microvellum features, or any plugins integrated into their software they currently have active, but also now have access to the ability to refresh or deactivate their license, their license type and ID, account number, the ability to connect instantly to the client portal to create support cases, and a link to the new EULA. For more information on the full range of the "About Microvellum" option update and what has changed, please consult the following article on the topic.
Figure 2: Utilities error.
- There was an issue when attempting to use the utilities within the program, namely, Library Update Utility and Library Restore Utility, wherein activating these options would cause an error that read “Application does not support just-in-time debugging” with every attempted action. This issue has been resolved- opening these utilities should now no longer cause any errors.
DXF Fix for Microvellum Server
- There was an issue when utilizing the Microvellum Server would have .dxf files generating with work orders, despite either not enabling or having access to the software module necessary to generate DXF files, leading to issues with the resultant work orders. Users who had the module available to them and disabled it would sometimes find that even with the module disabled, the option for DXF generation itself remained enabled. This issue has been resolved- the disabled or absent module should now no longer generate unrequested DXF files.
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0317.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0317.641 Database Resolutions: Resolved an issue where the user experience took longer than necessary to start. Materials Resolutions: Resolved an issue where with formulated materials the ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 21.1.1210.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 21.1.1210.641 3D Drawings Resolutions: Resolved an issue with the 3D representation of parts containing a Polyline machine token with a Z-value offset greater than 0. Integrated Post Processing ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0525.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0525.641 Database Management Resolutions: Resolved an issue that caused products and subassemblies to need to be imported twice in order to see them in Toolbox. Resolved an issue with ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0406.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0406.641 Database Management Resolutions: Resolved an issue that caused template level projects to be deleted when deleting a seemingly “empty” category (this was caused by a mix-up in the ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0712.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0712.641 Workbook Designer Resolutions: Resolved an issue with Part Properties updating the wrong 2D Plan Token workbook cells. Resolved an issue with saving formula materials through Workbook ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 24.1.0227.641
The following release notes apply to Toolbox build 24.1.0227.641 UI Fixes Figure 1: Expansion issue with Function Arguments window. There was a noted issue regarding the Function Arguments window in the Formula Editor: when one expanded or increased ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 24.0221
Additions Added “Lookup” Option for all Fixed and Adjustable Shelf Quantity variables. Rather than entering a number for base/tall/upper shelf quantity, we now have an option called “Lookup”. When choosing “Lookup” from the dropdown, the shelf ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 24.1.0219.641
The following release notes apply to Toolbox build 24.1.0219.641 Copy Product Information Fix An issue has been reported by some users, who found that when attempting to copy and paste their product information by using the “Copy Product Information” ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 24.1.0213.641
The following release notes apply to Toolbox build 24.1.0213.641 Edgeband Thickness Fix An issue was reported centered around the Edgeband thickness of products using formula driven materials from their specification groups. When products were ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 24.1.0207.641
The following release notes apply to Toolbox build 24.1.0207.641 3D Drawing Fixes Several fixes have been applied to specific issues users reported centered around 3D drawings: Users reported an issue when creating products with interior corners: ...