Issue: Fatal Errors and Odd Behavior Within Microvellum Software
The procedure below will fix issues such as "Fatal Error: Cannot Load Visual Lisp" and other oddities. It gives the procedure for setting permissions to full control for all Microvellum software.
- Right-click on the folder named "Microvellum" found at one of the locations below:
If you are using AutoCAD retail and Microvellum, you will need to set these permissions on the Autodesk folder
the Microvellum folder under
C:\Program Files (x86)\ (if you're using Toolbox 67)
- Under the Security tab, make sure "Users" have full permissions. The next few steps show how to check and set those permissions.
- Scroll down and select Users, click the edit button and press the full control box under the 'Allow' column. Click OK once you're finished.
- Once you click OK, it will ask if you wish to continue. Click the 'Yes' button.
- After Windows finishes setting the security information, click the Advanced button found in the main properties.
- Once you're in the Advanced Security Settings for Microvellum, click the Change Permissions button.
- Make sure you have "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" checked. After it's checked, you have successfully set permissions to full control for all your Microvellum programs.
- If you run into issues that prevent you from making these changes or the Owner isn't set to SYSTEM, please change the ownership of the folder to Everyone. You can hit Change and type "everyone" into the box.
- Then tick on "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects."
- If you have a button that says "Enable inheritance," click it and make sure "Replace all child object…" is checked and click OK.
- Once you've done that, and OK'd out of all the windows, you'll need to clear your temp files.
Windows 7/8 – Run Disk Cleanup – Under Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup
Windows 10 - Run Disk Cleanup - Under Start > Programs > Windows Administrative Tools > Disk Cleanup
"disk cleanup" in the Windows search bar.
- Make sure that both "Temporary Internet Files" and "Temporary Files" are checked. Click "Delete Files" to clear your temporary files. This may take a few minutes if there are a lot of files.
- Confirm that you want to delete these files.
- The next window will show you the progress – it will close when it has finished. At this point, Microvellum will be ready to use.
Issue: Errors & Slow Performance of Microvellum OEM or AutoCAD
When using AutoCAD, you may notice errors, slow performance, or sometimes, the application may crash. The Windows "Page File" size may cause this. This article presents the optimal setting for this file when using Microvellum OEM, or Microvellum with ...
Issue: Error Message "Common Language Runtime Detected an Invalid Program"
Issue: When you start a Microvellum program, an error message is displayed that says, "Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program." Solution: The value for the registry setting called LastConfig in the ApplicationSettings folder is not set ...
Issue: SQL Connection Error - Temporarily Change Database Type in the Registry
Some Microvellum users may get an error related to SQL server connection issues such as: "A connection to the factory database could not be established. Please select a different configuration." Symptom: Toolbox starts up but freezes, and you're ...
Issue: Toolbox does not Load when Starting AutoCAD
After installing Toolbox Standard and starting AutoCAD, Microvellum Toolbox may not load. Here are some steps to resolve this issue: In your AutoCAD command line type APPLOAD and hit enter Under Startup Suite, click the Contents... button Verify ...
Issue: Error Message "Could not Load File or Assembly System.data.SqlServerCe"
Issue: An error occurs after installing a Microvellum update: "Could not load file or assembly 'System.data.SqlServerCe, Version 22.214.171.124....or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Solution: This error occurs when ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 23.1.0921.641
The following release notes apply to Toolbox build 23.1.0921.641 Cumulative Library Updates Fix Figure 1: Cumulative Update issue. There was a bug noted by users while attempting to download the Foundation Library’s phase 1 cumulative update and ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 23.0919
Additions Added new product Master Double Sided Cabinet. Added “Horizontal Handles Centered” global option to all doors. This is available for all tab pulls, handles, and knobs. Added a new DRAWRECTANGLE 2D plan token to the door subassemblies. This ...
My Cases: Case Details
Once you've logged into the Client Portal and navigated to the My Cases area, simply click on the case title to access the case details page. Here, you can thoroughly review the case description, append additional comments, upload attachments, and ...
My Cases: Overview
Once you've logged into the Client Portal, accessing your support cases is a breeze. You can simply click on the "My Cases" icon in the flyout menu or choose the "View Cases" button conveniently placed on the Welcome page. Inside this section, you'll ...
Uploading Attachments to Support Cases
Support case attachments are files or documents attached to a support case or ticket, serving the purpose of providing additional information, context, or evidence relevant to the reported issue. These attachments can encompass a wide range of file ...