The articles in this section of the Knowledge Base involve Text Formatting for display in your reports. To access the Report Designer, select Toolbox Setup > Design Reports > Design (Report Type) Report. Select New Report to design a report from scratch or New Report from Existing. Select Designer to open Report Designer.
From this screen, add a text component to your report, or edit an existing text component.
Fig. 01 – Text Component
Once you have a text component in your report, right-click the component to bring up the Text Formatting window and select the Currency tab.
Text Format is the tool for formatting text before it is output. Access the Text Format dialog box through the context menu, which appears when you right-click on a text component that supports formatting.
Fig. 02 – Text Format from the Context Menu
The dialog box can also be called using TextFormat properties.
Fig. 03 – Text Format Property
The Text Format window is divided up into three main parts.
Fig. 04 – Text Format Window
- The formatting type is chosen from this section. There are the following options for formatting type:
- General – The General format outputs data without a specific number format. No formatting is done in this case.
- Number – The Number format is used for the general display of numbers.
- Currency – The Currency format is used for general monetary values.
- Date – The Date format is used to display date values.
- Time – The Time format is used to display time values.
- Percent – The Percent format is used to display a result in a percent symbol.
- Boolean – The Boolean format is used to display Boolean values.
- Custom – The Custom format is used for custom data formatting.
- The Sample section provides a preview for the formatted text.
- The Properties section displays the format settings.