Planning for a Successful Implementation
Service Engagement Process
Thank you for choosing Microvellum as your platform to streamline your design to manufacturing processes within your company. Follow the steps to ensure a successful and timely implementation of your services.
- Upon receipt of a signed proposal and initial funding, one of our Service Coordinators will contact you and work alongside you to fill out the relevant questionnaires for your service engagement. (See Questionnaires)
- Our technicians may need from you the following:
- Sample g-code file from your machine(s)
- Completed Machine Questionnaire (Provided by Microvellum)
- Sample drawings of your products to be used for your library.
- Completed Library Questionnaire (Provided by Microvellum) as a guide to setting up your library during training.
- Review the section titled “Roles & Responsibilities”, within this document
- Review the sections below as they relate to your service engagement scope.
Scheduling of Services
Our Service Coordinators will work with you to schedule all the services related to your service engagement.
Meetings you should anticipate:
- Software Installation
- If Pre-Integration is part of the scope of your services, our technician will send you an invitation, based on the schedule, to gain remote access and complete the installation of your software.
- Our technician, based on the schedule, will send out training invitations. If Library Services are part of the scope of your services, your library default settings will be completed as part of your training in Toolbox allowing you the knowledge to further customize your library upon training completion.
- Processing Station Upload
- Once your initial CNC tests have been completed and your Library training has been completed, our technician will need remote access to transfer processing stations (based on the scope of services) to your system
- Pre/Post-Training Meetings
- Prior to training, a meeting will be scheduled with your Microvellum team to review the status of your service and to set the schedule of training.
- Following training, a meeting will be scheduled with your Microvellum team to review the status of your service and to ensure no additional services are needed. If no additional services are needed, this meeting will conclude your service engagement.
Client Testing for Machines and Microvellum Library Services
If your scope includes a connection to a CNC machine, the following testing will occur.
- Once the machine questionnaire has been completed, our CNC technicians will start the configuration and testing process. There are 3 phases of testing that need to be completed at this time.
- Test 1: Unit testing – miscellaneous part testing for the client to review for accuracy.
- Test 2: Sequence Testing – testing sequence of cutting, operational, nesting, and drill patterns.
- Test 3: System Integrated Test – client testing following the upload of the processing stations to ensure all features are activated with error-free work order and manufacturing data. This test will occur following the completion of Test 1, Test 2, and Library Training. This test will be a Work Order from your Toolbox product library. Assembly of the product is needed to ensure data and machining accuracy.
- If your Service Engagement only includes library services, Test 3: System Integrated Test will be required. See Library Development Services for more Library Testing Details
Library Development Services
Should your Service Engagement consist of custom catalog development, the following process will occur.
- Detailed drawings of your products will be requested as well as hardware and material specifications.
- A Traceability Matrix will be created by Microvellum to be jointly maintained between Our technician and you.
- Each product will go through the following stages: Open, Validate, Break Fix, and Complete.
- Once a product has been created, it will be transferred to the client for validation. If refinements are required, the product will pass through Break Fix and Validate before being deemed complete.
- Product validation should include a review of reports, labels, as well as machining.
- Prior to the Service Engagement being complete, a System Integrated Test should be performed for multiple products.
- Software Updates
- Occasionally our technician may recommend an update to your existing software for better outcomes as they relate to your training scope. Should such a recommendation be made, the technician will provide an update or link to download the update.
- Library Updates
- Occasionally our technician may recommend an update to your Toolbox Library for better outcomes as they relate to your training scope. Should such a recommendation be made, the technician will provide an update or link to download the update.
- Equipment & Training Platforms
- Microvellum technicians will send training invitations based on the schedule agreed upon via email.
- Microvellum technicians use various platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams. Please log into the meeting 1-2 minutes early to ensure the application loads and your audio settings are established prior to the training start.
- During training, it will be important to have your hands free and able to navigate your software. Headsets are recommended during training.
- Training Schedule
- It is imperative you are on time to ensure your training occurs as planned. If you need to reschedule your training, please do so prior to training start. If remote services are canceled or rescheduled less than 24 hours before a scheduled appointment, a cancelation charge will be incurred, with such charge to be deducted from services already paid. Microvellum technicians will wait 5 minutes in a training session before ending the session. In the rare event the Microvellum technician does not arrive as scheduled for a training session, please contact the Microvellum Services Coordinator.
Installation & SQL Server Migration Services
- A Point of Contact needs to be established prior to installation and server services being started. This point of contact should have access to the administrative password to the server.
- All Microvellum User computers should remain turned on and login credentials need to be available at the time of service to allow for remote access.
- Prior to an SQL server migration, a backup of the existing server data will be performed by our technician. For this reason, all users must be logged out of Toolbox and the server.
- Clients with more than (4) Microvellum users must own Microsoft SQL Standard for best performance.
- Please refer to the articles below for computer and server recommendations.
- It is imperative that you communicate with your Microvellum service team during the service engagement. Please make sure you are available to respond to emails containing the schedules, invitations, and test files so they can be processed immediately. Delays in response to the Microvellum team may result in your service engagement being placed on hold.
- For Machine Testing, it is imperative that you communicate with your Microvellum CNC technician via the support ticket created by Microvellum for your machine connection during the testing phase. There will be a 3-day window for testing, so please make sure you are available to respond to emails containing g the test files so they can be processed on your machine(s) immediately. Once files have been run, please communicate with the Microvellum CNC technician if the outcome was a success or errors were given so corrections can be made and retested.
- The System Integrated Test requires that the test product be assembled, and a notification sent to your Microvellum service team that the test outcome was a success or errors exist so corrections can be made and retested.
- Failure to communicate effectively with your Microvellum technicians may result in your service engagement being placed on hold.
Helpful Articles related to Software Installation & Server Setup
- What to Look for in a New Workstation for Toolbox & AutoCAD
- SQL Server System Requirements
- Recommended Hardware/Software Configuration for Virtual Server
Machine Implementation Process
Thank you for choosing Microvellum as your platform to streamline your design, engineering, and production processes within your company to propel your business forward. Follow the steps to ensure a successful and timely implementation of your CNC ...
Creating a Successful Quality Assurance Program
Quality Assurance is best defined as “a means to focus on the prevention of mistakes and/or defects during the manufacturing process that impact efficiency or quality that can impact profits.” Having a process in place to ensure your team adheres to ...
Service Engagement Roles & Responsibilities
We are dedicated to creating a positive outcome for our clients by providing rock-solid service with each service engagement. The following article will outline the roles and responsibilities of clients (end-users of the software) and Microvellum ...
How to Run an Update for Toolbox
This article covers the steps involved in updating your Microvellum Toolbox Software Installation. Before updating, we recommend reviewing our Pre-Installation Instructions and creating a backup of your data. For information on creating a backup ...
How to Install Toolbox AC (AutoCAD Companion)
Below is a systematic guide for installing Toolbox AC. Before installation, we recommend reviewing our Pre-Installation Instructions and System Requirements . Right-click on the Setup.exe file and select “Run as administrator”. Observe the initial ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0729
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0729 Note: This build (22.0729) contains the necessary requirements to support the new Microvellum "Library Update Utility". If your library version is older than 22.0729, ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0720.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0720.641 Processing Stations Resolutions: Resolved an issue with the saw file output for Ardis processing stations when you have “None” set as the picture type. Resolved a refresh issue when ...
Toolbox Release Notes | Build 22.1.0712.641
The following Release Notes apply to Toolbox Build 22.1.0712.641 Workbook Designer Resolutions: Resolved an issue with Part Properties updating the wrong 2D Plan Token workbook cells. Resolved an issue with saving formula materials through Workbook ...
Microvellum Foundation Library Release Notes | Build 22.0625
The following release notes apply to Microvellum Foundation Library, Build 22.0625 Additions: Added Access Panel Subassembly (from legacy component library) Added the prompts "Extend Left Side To Floor" and "Extend Right Side To Floor" to all ...
Asking to Re-Activate Software on Start Up
If your license is current, but you keep getting the Activate Software window when starting up Toolbox, this is the fix. Instead of entering your serial number and password every time, go to your MV Toolbox icon on your desktop and Right-click then ...